Re: FTP - Getting a list of the files in a directory - Problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTP - Getting a list of the files in a directory - Problem
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004

"G. Bradley MacDonald" <bradley_AT_telus_DOT_net> wrote in message

> I have encountered directories where I get Zero records
> returned to the FDirectoryListing property.

If you call List() and it returns entries, but the DirectoryListing
collection remains empty, then the listing itself is in a format that TIdFTP
cannot parse.

Which version of Indy are you actually using?  What does the listing data
look like for directories that produce 0 DirectoryListing entries?

> But yet it returns the correct values for the other directories on
> the same server.

FTP directory listing formats are not standardized at all.  The listing data
could be returning something extra (or lacking something needed) that is
throwing off TIdFTP's parsing.

> Then I checked the results of a IDFTP.List - and I see all the
> files in the list...

Then the parsing of that data into the DirectoryListing collection is
failing.

> However, on some directories ... the StringList will show a numberer
> (say 4) as its count (which is correct) - but the FDirectoryListing shows
> its count as ZERO - which is wrong.

Please show those entries from the TStringList.