Re: OnPASVReply explanation

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: OnPASVReply explanation
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005

"Joel" <jo…@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:4194078A3DBCE240jo…@nowhere.com...

> Can someone explain to me what the following vars
> are for in the OnPASVReply of the tidftpServer

They allow the application code to dynamically change the IP/Port values
that are reported back to the FTP client indicating which IP/Port the server
is actually listening on.  This is needed if the server is behind a router,
since the FTP client will not be able to connect to the server directly, but
needs to connect to the router instead.  The server will bind a new socket
to its local machine, and by default report the local machine's IP/Port.  In
a router scenerio, the server has to report back the router's IP/Port
instead of its own.

> and what unit is Tidipversion define in?

A simple text search using Windows' Find feature will reveil to you that it
is declared in the IdGlobal unit.