Re: Reading the "answers" ( 220 ) from the FTP server

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Reading the "answers" ( 220 ) from the FTP server
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005

"Paulo Germano" <pg…@bol.com.br> wrote in message
news:9A6B48E516BEE240pg…@bol.com.br...

> i just have a little question...... when i log into my localmachine ftp
> using FlashFXP i get all that info ( the info is shown on the footer of
> this message ).. i would like to show it also on my FTP client
> application... how do i capture this info from the server i connect ??

When you first connect, the Greeting property is updated with the intro
text.  Every command that is sent after that updates the LastCmdResult
property, which has a Text subproperty.

> Connecting to localhost
> Connected to localhost -> IP=127.0.0.1 PORT=21

The OnStatus event can be used for those.

> 220-Serv-U FTP Server v5.1 for WinSock ready...
<snip>

All of that introductory text is stored in the Greeting property.  You an
also use the OnBannerBeforeLogin event.

> AUTH TLS

The only way to get the actual commands that TIdFTP is sending over the
socket is to attach a TIdConnectionIntercept class, such as TIdLogEvent, to
the connection's IOHandler.Intercept property.  Then you can use the
Intercept's OnSent, OnReceived, and OnStatus events.