Re: IIS FTP on W2k3, Indy 10, directory listing problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: IIS FTP on W2k3, Indy 10, directory listing problem
Posted by:  J. Peter Mugaas (oma002…@mail.wvnet.edu)
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:04:44 +0800, Michael J. Leaver wrote:

> Hi, I'm having a problem with the FTP service on Windows 2003. If it's
> configured to return directory listings in Unix format, then there is no
> problem. However, if it's configured to return listings in MS-DOS format
> (the default) then there is a problem.
>
> It doesn't support MLSD/MLST. The output, for example, for doing a list
> command is:
>
> 02-05-05  01:44PM      <DIR>          test1
>
> Indy is taking this entire string as the filename.
>
> Any ideas?

I have investigated the problem and I determined that it was in the TOPS20
parser.  I ran your list sample through a sample program and I did file
your sample in our VCS FTP list sample collection.

I did check in a fix.  The thing is a bug in one parser can create problems
parsing other directory lists and I've seen that before.  TOPS20 is a
especially tricky but that's just a legacy system that was replaced by VMS
although some hackers chose Unix.

--
J. Peter Mugaas - Indy Pit Crew
Internet Direct (Indy) Website -http://www.indyproject.org/