Re: MDTM problem with Indy 10 and IIS 5

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: MDTM problem with Indy 10 and IIS 5
Posted by:  J. Peter Mugaas (oma002…@mail.wvnet.edu)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005

"Michael J. Leaver" <spam@mjleaver.com> wrote in message
news:975A794D40BFE240spam@mjleaver.com...
> Hi, using latest Indy 10 I've noticed that sometimes Indy is sending a
> badly formatted MDTM command to set the remote files last modification
> date & time. For example, on IIS 5 when you connect it has the following
> features listed:
>
> CLNT<EOL> MDTM<EOL> MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS[+-TZ];filename<EOL> SIZE<EOL> SITE
> PSWD;EXEC;SET;INDEX;ZONE;CHMOD;MSG<EOL> REST STREAM<EOL> XCRC
> filename;start;end<EOL>211 End<EOL>
>
> But sometimes Indy is sending the following:
>
> MDTM 20050210045003.890 test.txt
> 550 /c:/20050210045003.890 test.txt: No such file or directory.
>
> It seems to be adding on the milli-seconds part. I guess if I strip off
> the milli-seconds part of the time then it won't do this?

I did make that change and that did seem to work.  BUt I'm sure that it will
work in your case.

Your feature list says "MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS[+-TZ];filename" while the server
I tested with said "MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS[+-TZ] filename".  There could be a
difference between the two.

I did make a comment about this in the TIdFTP source-code noting this and
this is that note:

===
  Note from:
http://www.ftpvoyager.com/releasenotes.asp

  Added support for RFC change and the MDTM. MDTM requires sending the
server
  GMT (UTC) instead of a "fixed" date and time. FTP Voyager supports this
with
  Serv-U automatically by checking the Serv-U version number and by checking
the
  response to the FEAT command for MDTM. Servers returning "MDTM" or
  "MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS[+-TZ] filename" will use the old method. Servers
  returning "MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS" only will use the new method where the
date a
  and time is GMT (UTC).

===

Let me know what happens with your FTP server.

BTW:  I don't think that you were discussing Microsoft's FTP service (part
of IIS).  Microsoft IIS 6.0 only lists a "MDTM" in its FEAT reply and it
never supported setting the file date.  I suspect that you may have talking
about Serve-U.  That was throwing off some discussion.

--
J. Peter Mugaas - Indy Pit Crew
Internet Direct (Indy) Website -http://www.indyproject.org/