Re: [Bug maybe] the IdUserManager is no useful for a real FTP Server.

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: [Bug maybe] the IdUserManager is no useful for a real FTP Server.
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005

"Riceball LEE" <ricebal…@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:52C3DF063BC3E240ricebal…@Hotmail.com...

> we need apply the parameters of the user(eg, HomeDir etc) after verify
> the user, but
> Nothing is passed into the IdUserManager.AuthenticateUser or
> ChallengeUser about this.

You can work around that by not assigning the UserAccounts property at all.
Use the OnUserLogin event instead.  Then you will have access to the
Context, and can still use the IdUserManager object by calling
AuthenticateUser() yourself.

>  add the aContext parameter to AuthenticateUser, ChallengeUser and
> the UserDisconnected.

TIdUserManager is a standalone object.  It has no concept of Contexts at
all.

>  add a event OnLoginSuccessful(Sender: TObject; const aContext:
> TObject; const aUserName: string) to IdUserManager.

If you use the OnUserLogin event, you can also use the OnLoginSuccessBanner
event.

>  So i decide remove it. And add a new event OnLogout.

There is already an OnLogoffUser event.