Re: I have tried to resolve the 2GB limit of IdFTP,but failed

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: I have tried to resolve the 2GB limit of IdFTP,but failed
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005

"starsail" <star_hik…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2612AE2C83C8E240star_hik…@hotmail.com...

> My modified code:

What you describe is not a simple thing to hack into place.  A lot of other
pieces of code have to change as well in order for Indy to support > data
transfers that are greater than 2GB.  Not just for TIdFTP, but throughout
the entire Indy library in general.  Everything in Indy is still
Integer-based.  All of the progress tracking, stream reading, data length
transmitting, etc.

> Then I recompiled my program,and try to download a file
> which size is over 2GB

Just changing that one function will not enable TIdFTP to allow downloading
files greater than 2GB.  That function is only reporting a file size,
nothing more, and even then Indy itself does not use that function for
anything to begin with.

> but above function still returned -1,where is it wrong?

-1 means that the server does not support the SIZE command to begin with.
Not all servers do.

> I'm using Indy 9 for BCB6.

Indy 9 will not be getting 64-bit data support.  Indy 9 is a frozen version,
no longer being worked on, except for occasional bug fixes.  No more
features are going to be added to Indy 9.  All development efforts are on
Indy 10 only now.  The 64-bit issue is a known issue that is already being
considered.