Re: IdFTPServer Indy9.0.18. Can't conect more than two clients simultaneously in

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: IdFTPServer Indy9.0.18. Can't conect more than two clients simultaneously in
Posted by:  FeralCTO (in…@feralcto.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005

> From another machine where it is run the server, I have created 2 bat's to
> receive files with ftp client of windows.
>
> I execute the 2 bat's simultaneously and the second client cannot open the
> port of data.

If I understand this right, you're running 2 clients on the same machine? If so, you're probably having a problem because because both instances of the Windows FTP client are attempting to use the same port for the incoming data connection. In Active mode, the FTP client acts as a server. The client sends the port to use to the FTP server, which then connects to the client to do the data transfer (file upload, file download, directory listing).

Regards,

Ron Cox
www.feralcto.com