Re: Realtime streams and FTP server

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Realtime streams and FTP server
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

"Khash Sajadi" <kha…@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:9DB2AD2908D3E240kha…@btinternet.com...

> I have to use a real time stream as the TStream object used
> by the server to retrieve the data for the data channel.

For the most part, Indy is not designed to operate with real-time streams.
Especially for operations that require a finite stream size to begin with.

> What I need to know now is, is there a way of using real
> time streams in FTP server

No.  As you already mentioned, a valid Size is required, which is something
you are not able to provide.

> or somehow telling the server to stop asking for more data from
> the stream without breaking anything in the server?

The only way to stop the sending is to close the connection.