Re: FTP List Parsing

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTP List Parsing
Posted by:  J. Peter Mugaas (oma002…@mail.wvnet.edu)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005

[posted and E-Mailed]

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:38:06 -0700, "Jeff Easton"
<jeff.east…@networkautomation.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to have the IdFTP object parse a file listing that I give it
>manually?
>I have a user that has a problem with only one FTP server.  I don't have
>access to it, and I don't even know what FTP server software it is.

From the list that you posted, I would take a guess that it's a
"Connect Enterprise Unix FTP Server" From Sterling Commerce.

Indy 10 does support this and I did test with your data.  The problem
wasn't so much parsing the dates as it was parsing the final footer
line "Total number of batches listed: 4" and I did fix that parser a
few minutes ago.

I have one quick but very important question.  Is this really one line
or two lines.

>-C--E-----FTP B 204739      23754      895 Aug 26 01:31
>WACH820.000000066.pgp

I ask because some software adds returns when it should not and extra
EOL between the date and filename would also have to be fixed if that
was really what was in the listing.

--
J. Peter Mugaas - Indy Pit Crew
Internet Direct (Indy) Website -http://www.indyproject.org