Re: DOS Listing Parse Problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: DOS Listing Parse Problem
Posted by:  J. Peter Mugaas (oma002…@mail.wvnet.edu)
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:43:38 -0700, "Jeff Easton"
<jeff.east…@networkautomation.com> wrote:

>I think I may have found a problem with DOS listings.
>I don't know if this has been posted before, and it is possible that it is
>fixed in a new version.
>Because I use C++ Builder it is a hassle to recompile the libraries, so I
>probably have an older version.
>Anyway, I think I have found that if the byte size of all files in a folder
>are greater than 9 digits, it does not find any files.
>My listing looks like:  ( 2 lines only )
>
>09-08-05  10:22AM            628551680 Test.txt
>09-08-05  10:23AM            628623360 Test2.txt
>
>The parser does not create a list out of this.
>If I remove one digit from the size, then try again, it works.  Or if I put
>another file in there of a size smaller than 9 digits, it works.
>Is this a known issue?  Has it been fixed and I just need to upgrade?

It was not known until I read your post.  Thanks for advising me.  I
did use your sample to make a fix.  I checked that fix in and I made
an entry in my blog about this.  The blog is at:

http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Blogs/JPeterMugaas/index.iwp

HTH.

--
J. Peter Mugaas - Indy Pit Crew