Re: list memory leak

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: list memory leak
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005

"Jon Lennart Aasenden" <po…@jurasoft.no> wrote in message
news:BEA0F52656F236DE847po…@jurasoft.no...

> Whenever i execute a list command, 40kb is allocated but never
> released when the connection is closed - or when the component
> is freed. This simple example should demonstrate:

Which version of Indy are you actually using?  I'm guessing Indy 9, because
your code would not compile until Indy 10.  In Indy 9, there is no leak in
the List() method.  Everything that is allocated is freed before exiting.
Perhaps you are seeing the VCL's own Memory Manager simply allocating and
caching memory for future use.