Re: Error with this message : 'Data port can only be used by the same IP address

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Error with this message : 'Data port can only be used by the same IP address
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005

"Kwisatz" <kwisatz.hotli…@free.Fr> wrote in message
news:CDA93C928DE0E240kwisatz.hotli…@free.Fr...

> when i want to connect to my IDFTPServer with IDFTPClient, i
> have this message : 'Data port can only be used by the same
> IP address used by the control connection.'

There are only two conditions that can cause that error message:

1) the client sent a PORT or EPRT command, the server's
FTPSecurityOptions.RequirePORTFromSameIP property is set to true, and the IP
address that is specified in the PORT/EPRT command does not match the
client's IP address that is already connected to the server for sending
commands.

2) the client sent a PASV command, the server's
FTPSecurityOptions.RequirePASVFromSameIP property is set to true, and the IP
address that connects to the server's PASV listening port does not match the