Re: fpcmHttpProxyWithFtp

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: fpcmHttpProxyWithFtp
Posted by:  J. Peter Mugaas (oma002…@mail.wvnet.edu)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:01:28 +0800, "Michael J. Leaver"
<spam@mjleaver.com> wrote:

>Hi, looking at the code it appears the FTP client proxy type
>fpcmHttpProxyWithFtp isn't complete (it just raises a 'Command not
>supported' exception). Is there a plan to complete it or can it be
>achieved via another method? Thanks.

Work was never done on that and it could easily wind up making the
code mroe complex.  If you are talking about something like squid (a
HTTP proxy that also supports FTP), you basically use HTTP instead of
FTP.  This might help:

http://www.volny.cz/zellerin/texts/ftp.html

--
J. Peter Mugaas - Indy Pit Crew