Re: TIdFTPServer, Indy 10, ABORting transfers

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIdFTPServer, Indy 10, ABORting transfers
Posted by:  Nicklas Bergfeldt (nicklas.bergfel…@his.se)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005

More info:
It seems like TotalCommander http://www.totalcmd.com) sends an
erroneous ABOR command (it includes some junk-letters):
e.g. "ÿôòABOR"

Of course this is TotalCommander's fault... but the server should not
hang just because the client don't follow the protocol?

I tested with SmartFTP (which sends a correct ABOR command) and that
worked perfectly...

Hence, it would be great if you could make some sort of idiot-proof
handling of the ABOR command...

... I did that myself in Indy9 where the OnNoCommandHandler was
available, but that's not in Indy10?
  - And it also seems like the design has changed so that the loop that
is sending the file is also checking for incomming commands during
transfer...

Best regards,
Nicklas