Re: Result (state) of a command by the IdFTPServer

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Result (state) of a command by the IdFTPServer
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006

"Andreas Osswald" <nona…@noname.de> wrote in message
news:C6D52A6649E9E240nona…@noname.de...

> Is it possible to analyze the reult of an command like uploading
> a file to the ftp-server (IdFTPServer component) ?

Not from inside the server itself, no.

> I try it with the After Command Handler but i got not property
> which indicate the result.

That is because there is no such property.  And even if there were, it would
not help anyway since that event does not provide any details about the
command that was executed at all.

> What is the rigth way to get information on server side of the state
> by an transaction and after a transaction ?

The only way to do that is to write your own TStream class that notifies
your code as needed, such as in its Read/Write() methods and its destructor.
Then use the server's OnRetrieveFile and OnStoreFile events to create an
instance of your custom class for each file transfer.