Re: FTP Error 10038

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTP Error 10038
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006

"Marcel van Brakel" <brakelm@nospam.nl> wrote in message
news:7DC29DC437EFE240brakelm@nospam.nl...

> I wrote a little app that uses (the latest version of) Indy to
> send a few files to an FTP server.

When you say "the latest", are you referring to the Indy 10.1.5 development
snapshot?

> the client is running Windows XP and is using a Proxy server

Did you configure TIdFTP for proxy connections?

> and firewall

FTP is not a firewall-friendly protocol.  Try setting the Passive property
to True.  It is False by default.  Passive transfers are a little more
friendly to firewalls (but still requires multiple connections, which the
firewall may still block).