Re: Need help with RFC Error "Security mechanism not supported"

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Need help with RFC Error "Security mechanism not supported"
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006

"Jon Robertson" <jonrobertson@medevolve.dontspamme.com> wrote in message
news:9DA7EC5FEEF1E240jonrobertson@medevolve.dontspamme.com...

> But when I call List, I get the following:
>
> EIdReplyRFCError 'Security mechanism not supported.'

EIdReplyRFCError means that the server sent back an error in reply to a
command that is received.

Without seeing your actual code, my initial guess would be that you are not
actually logged in yet when you call List().  Where exactly are you calling
it?  If in the OnConnected event, then do not do it there.  Wait until
Connect() fully exists before sending any commands of your own.

> I understand that this is not an Indy error, but rather an official
> error from the RFC specification.  But from which RFC specification?
> I've searched the RFCs (specifically 959 and 2228) and I can't find
> this error.

The error is not an FTP error.  It is probably a security error dependant on
the specific SASL mechanism that you are trying to log in with.  What is the
numeric code that is sent with the text?  EIdReplyRFCError has an ErrorCode
property for that.