Re: Encrypty the user and passaword in FTP CLient?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Encrypty the user and passaword in FTP CLient?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006

"Edward. Z. F. M." <edward.z.f…@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:5109273AF4FDE240edward.z.f…@gmail.com...

> I made a program in C++ Builder to acess my FTP linux server
> using the component TIdFTPClient.
>
> But when i use a simple Ethereal (protocol program analizer) i
> can discovery the user and password .

In the original FTP protocol standand, there were no provisions for
encrypted FTP connections.  TLS/SSL was added to the protocol later on.
Since you are using C++, then you are likely using Indy 9 or older, correct?
If so, then those versions did not support encrypted FTP connections.
TIdFTP in Indy 10 does, though.  However, Indy 10 has no official install
for C++ yet, so you would have to compile and install the packages manually.