Re: mode Z compression and idftp 9.0.19

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: mode Z compression and idftp 9.0.19
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006

"jerome" <jero…@jerome.fr> wrote in message
news:FF2D786AF8FEE240jero…@jerome.fr...

> I would like to use mode Z compression with idftp 9 (9.0.19).

TIdFTP in Indy 9 does not support MODE Z.

> how do I have to proceed ?

Upgrade to Indy 10.  It supports MODE Z.  The TransferMode property has a
dmDeflate value for that.  You will also need to assign the Compressor
property as well.  And of course the server has to support MODE Z to begin
with.

> Must I Compress file before send and decompress after received ?

If you need to continue using Indy 9, then yes.