Re: Question about TIdFTP.SendPassive

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Question about TIdFTP.SendPassive
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006

"Tobias Giesen" <tobi…@tgtools.de> wrote in message
news:47382D18FA00E340tobi…@tgtools.de...

> I changed this function in the following way, and I have much fewer
> problems with passive mode and firewalls now. Does it make sense
> officially though?

Why did you change it?  What problems were you trying to fix exactly?  You
are going to break server-to-server transfers by doing that.  When using
Passive transfers, the outbound client socket *MUST* connect to the IP
address that the FTP server specifies.  That is a requirement of the
protocol.  You changed that to force the client socket to always connect to
the same IP address that TIdFTP originally connected to, which is the wrong
thing to do.