Re: Login isn't happening with idftp client in BCB5 indy 9

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Login isn't happening with idftp client in BCB5 indy 9
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006

"Shawn Stephens" <s…@pdrx.com> wrote in message
news:11189C2F3B11E340s…@pdrx.com...

> I'm calling the connect(true);
> and it connects, but as soon as I try and sent a command (anything)
> it throws an exception
> complaining about EidProtocolReplyError as 220 (vsftpd 1.2.1)
> Which indeed is the response once you connect.

Where EXACTLY is the exception occuring?  Please show your actual code.  It
sounds like you are sending the command before the server's greeting has
been read.  Are you using the OnConnect event to send your command, by
chance?  If so, then you should not be doing that at all, since OnConnect is
triggered too early.  Wait until Connect() actually exits before then
sending any commands.

> I see no public login method.

Yes, there is:

    public
        //...
        procedure Login;

There has always been a public Login() method.  There is no point in
providing an AutoLogin parameter if the user can't login manually when
AutoLogin is False.