Re: app freeze while GET

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: app freeze while GET
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007

"Tarvirdi" <ma…@tarvirdi.com> wrote in message
news:E8B072F1311DE340ma…@tarvirdi.com...

> As I read AntiFreeze should let application to work!

By default, TIdAntiFreeze only does its work while sockets are idle,
such as when waiting for data to arrive.  During an FTP transfer,
especially a lengthy one, that is rarely the case, so TIdAntiFreeze
will not do anything very much.  Try setting the OnlyWhenIdle property
to False to override that.

> should I do move my get to background thread!?

That is an alternative, yes.  And generally a good one, as
TIdAntiFreeze is generally frowned upon anyway and should be avoided
when possible.