Re: FTP.Put, accept timeoout error.

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTP.Put, accept timeoout error.
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007

"Al Reag" <tharol…@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:92F7358B3825E340tharol…@gmail.com...

> I'm trying to FTP a text file, but I keep getting 'Accept Timeout'
> error on PUT call.

You are using TIdFTP in Active mode, meaning that it opens a new
server socket for the FTP server to connect to, but the connection is
likely being blocked by a firewall/router, hense the timeout.  The FTP
protocol is not very firewall/router because of its use of multiple
socket connections.  Try using Passive mode instead of Active mode.
Passive is a little more friendly than Active because it is an
outbound connection instead of an inbound one.

> Using external FTP client, the file upload fine.

If you look at the raw commands that TIdFTP sends versus what the FTP
program sends, you will see how they differ.  Chances are, TIdFTP is
sending the PORT command when the FTP program is sending the PASV
command instead.  The TIdFTP.Passive property is False by default.