Re: FTP Client List Problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTP Client List Problem
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007

"Peter Blair" <pbla…@reggatta.com> wrote in message
news:624D7994B932E340pbla…@reggatta.com...

> If I pass the mask '../*' using FTP.List( '../*'), I can get a
> listing for directories and files in the parent directory, but
> if I pass no mask or simply '*' for the current directory I am
> in, I get nothing at all, but I know there are files present.

File masks are server-specific and non-standardized.  List() simply passes
your mask as-is to the server, and then reports the response back to you.
Many servers simply pass the mask on to the OS, making this an OS-specific
issue as well.  You will just have to play around with the mask for the
particular server you are connecting to until you find something that works
for you.  Try using '*.*' instead.