Re: IdFTP - Error 10054

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: IdFTP - Error 10054
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007

"Dexter" <simpleso@removethis.erols.com> wrote in message
news:E407C17D3D33E340simpleso@removethis.erols.com...

> We use IdFTP (Indy version 9.0.3-B) to upload files to a server.

That is a very old version.  You might want to consider upgrading to 9.0.50.

> Could this issue be caused at the router level?

Possibly.  Most routers have timeouts on idle connections.  FTP uses a
separate connection for a transfer.  While a transfer is in progress, the
main connection is idle.  The router could be closing that connection after
awhile, and then TIdFTP picks up the error when it tries to receive the
server's response after the transfer is finished.