Re: BeginWork exception

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: BeginWork exception
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008

"Tim" <tim.f…@orcus.co.uk> wrote in message
news:47C4BB765844E340tim.f…@orcus.co.uk...

> Have a bit of a problem with the Indy FTP Client when I
> assign a beforework event but I'm not sure its limited to just
> this event.

You did not say which version of Indy you are actually using.

> procedure TForm1.IdFTP1WorkBegin(ASender: TObject; AWorkMode: TWorkMode;
>  AWorkCountMax: Int64);

The OnBeginWork event used Integer, not Int64, in Indy 9 and earlier, so I
assume that you are using Indy 10 instead.  However...

> procedure TIdComponent.BeginWork(AWorkMode: TWorkMode; const ASize:
> Integer = 0);

.... TIdComponent.BeginWork() in the snapshot version of Indy 10 also uses
Int64, not Integer, which suggests you are using an older release of Indy
10.

> I'm using Delphi 7 and quite an old version of Indy 10

You should should consider upgrading your version of Indy to something more
recent.

> I've tried to upgrade to the latest version of indy but it wouldn't
> compile as there were files missing from the the system directory
> including IdSys and IdSysVCL.

Then you are not compiling a clean copy of the latest version, as Indy 10
does not use those files anymore.  They do not not exist anymore, so you did
not update some of your files correctly, and are compiling older files
still.