Re: Comparing files

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Comparing files
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008

"Clément Doss" <cdoss@nospam.dhs.com.br> wrote in message
news:15C55C98D748E340cdoss@nospam.dhs.com.br...

> How can I know if the server supports a command.

That depends on the particular command you are interested in.  Most commands
you run across are extensions to the protocol, and thus should be listed in
the servers' reply to the FEAT command (if it even supports custom
extensions).

> I would like to know if the server support MD5 (to compare files),
> is there a way to know it?

The TIdFTP.Capabilities property can tell you that after you are logged in.
However, you do not need to use the MD5 command manually, as TIdFTP has its
own VerifyFile() method that uses the XSHA1, XMD5, or XCRC commands
internally (in that order), depending on their availability on the server.