Re: ListenTimeout

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: ListenTimeout
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008

"Ross Levis" <ro…@stationplaylist-dot.com> wrote in message
news:832F7374064AE340ro…@stationplaylist-dot.com...

> I can't find any documentation on what this new v10 property is used for.
> Can someone enlighten me please.

ListenTimeout is only used during an Active-mode transfer, in which TIdFTP
opens a server socket that the FTP server has to connect to.  The
ListenTimeout specifies the timeout that TIdFTP waits for the server's
connection to arrive before aborting the transfer.

> Can a ListenTimeout prevent an upload stalling indefinately?

ListenTimeout only applies when waiting for an Active-mode data connection
to be established.  Once it has been, ListenTimeout has no effect on the
actual transfer.  Indy does not implement any kind of writing timeouts.