Re: IdFTP: error at connection with proxy

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: IdFTP: error at connection with proxy
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008

"SOS" <karl.gurnhof…@sosgmbh.at> wrote in message
news:CFA5914C974FE340karl.gurnhof…@sosgmbh.at...

> I downloaded the lastest version of Indy 10 for Delphi.

What do you consider to be the "latest"?  You wouldbe surprised how often
people download an older version thinking it is the latest when it really is
not.

> I use the component IdFTP for FTP-connection over a proxy server.

How have you configured the proxy settings exactly?  TIdFTP sends different
username/password sequences depending on what kind of proxy you are using.

> When I use the new version in my project, I get this error message:
> Reply: 331 User name okay, need password
> Reply: 503 Expected 'PASS', or password too long. Check that the correct
> proxy type has been selected.

It is very hard to diagnose that without knowing more about your setup, or
at least a trace of the communication from a packet sniffer.