Re: FTP Server Timeout problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTP Server Timeout problem
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008

"oddy" <otomazeā€¦@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:F99741D3FA57E340otomazeā€¦@gmail.com...

> But the Ftp Server even after one minute time out doesn't give me
> any message, testing the connection it shows me that it still active.
> How this could possible happen?

An abnormal socket disconnection can take a long time for the OS to detect -
up to several hours.  Until the OS does detect it, it will not report any
errors for operations performed on the connection.

> Anyone have any idea how can I fix this problem?

In the OnConnect event, try setting the connection's ReadTimeout property to
a reasonable timeout value.  Indy uses infinite timeouts by default.