Re: File Already Exits...Error. File Does NOT Exits

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: File Already Exits...Error. File Does NOT Exits
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008

"Bob M" <b…@kmsys.com> wrote in message
news:44BCEB685459E340b…@kmsys.com...

> Trying to download a file using the FTP client component I get
> an exception saying "Destination file already exists".  I get this
> in my own application and the demo.  The file definitely does NOT exist.

It has to.  That is the only way that error can occur.  Look at the source
code for TIdFTP.Get().  The error cannot occur unless SysUtils.FileExists()
returns True.

> I am using version 10.1.5_d7 in Delphi 2007.  That is the latest
> version I can find on the AtoZ site.

AToZed is just a sponsor, not the actual developer of Indy.  The official
website for Indy ishttp://www.indyproject.org.  10.2.3 is the nightly
development snapshot. Follow the links.