Re: FTP External IP Address - Part 1 - Active Mode

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTP External IP Address - Part 1 - Active Mode
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008

"J Eisenheim" <j.eisenhe…@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:C52C2BA67159E340j.eisenhe…@gmail.com...

> Testing the "Indy FTP Client Demo" works fine, sends the
> correct PORT x,x,x,x,x,x command where I see my correct
> external ip address.

By default, that would only work if your machine is directly connected to
your Internet provider.  Otherwise, if you are behind a router, then you
have to set the TIdFTP.ExternalIP property beforehand to the router's public
IP.

> But in my project I always receive the  425 Can't open
> data connection message. In this case indy always sends
> PORT 127,0,0,1,X,X.

The only way that can happen is if you explicitally bound TIdFTP to
127.0.0.1 using the BoundIP property.  Otherwise, it would send the
machine's real IP instead.

> Can you explain how Indy10 finds the external ip address ?

It doesn't.  You have to provide it yourself.