Re: FTP External IP Address - Part 1 - Active Mode

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTP External IP Address - Part 1 - Active Mode
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\) (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010

"J Eisenheim" <j.eisenhe…@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:C52C2BA67159E340j.eisenhe…@gmail.com...

> But in my project I always receive the  425 Can't open data connection
> message. In this case indy always sends  PORT 127,0,0,1,X,X.

That means TIdFTP's data socket is being bound to 127.0.0.1, not to your
Internet/LAN IP.  That can only happen if you have assigned the
TIdFTP.BoundIP property before connecting to the server (in which case you
can only connect to an FTP server running on 127.0.0.1), or used the
TIdFTP.OnDataChannelCreate event to override the data socket's BoundIP
manually.

> Can you explain how Indy10 finds the external ip address ?

It doesn't.  It uses whatever IP it is bound to locally.  You have to set
the TIdFTP.ExternalIP property yourself if you are running behind a router
or proxy.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)