Re: Value for WideString Parameter "DIR_LIST" too long

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Value for WideString Parameter "DIR_LIST" too long
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009

"Monte Carver" <Mon…@jmcvr.com> wrote in message
news:B2D111B9C48CE340Mon…@jmcvr.com...

> However, when I attempt to perform a "IdFTP.List" on a given
> FTP server, the following error surfaces:
>
> [ An exception was raised on the server: SelectQuery. Value for
> WideString Parameter "DIR_LIST" too long ]

That is a server-side error, not an Indy error.

> Using FileZilla, I am able to view the given directory list with no
> problems.

Then I suggest you use a packet sniffer, such as Wireshark, to see what is
different between how FileZilla requests a directory listing versus how
TIdFTP requests one.  You are probably passing a different folder name to
List() than what FileZilla uses, so you end up with a different listing.

> The difference I notice is that the problem FTP server has MANY
> files in the given directory.
>
> I presume this is a bug.

On the server side, not in TIdFTP.  TIdFTP does not care how many files are
present.  It parses whatever the server gives it.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)