Re: Idftp List result incorrect when folders contain MBCS characters

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Idftp List result incorrect when folders contain MBCS characters
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009

"explorer" <explorer.…@Gmail.com> wrote in message =
news:199312B2839BE340explorer.…@Gmail.com...

> FZ ftp server home DIR has a file name with chinese characters

Does your FileZilla server report support for the "UTF8" FTP extension?  =
If so, is TIdFTP asking for UTF-8 via the "OPTS UTF8 ON" or "OPTS UTF-8 =
NLST" command, and is the server accepting it?  If so, is FileZilla =
actually sending the characters using UTF-8?

If not, then TIdFTP will not be able to handle the Chinese data.  FTP =
standards require the use of UTF-8 for non-ASCII data.

> I tried with useMLIS/no useMLIS, both result were wrong.

You need to be more specific. What is "wrong" about them exactly?  =
Please provide a log from a packet sniffer showing the actual FTP =
session.

--=20
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)