Re: FTPS - Client Example

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTPS - Client Example
Posted by:  Arvid (Indy Core Team) (nospam@nospam.org)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010

Hi Mark,

On 23.02.2010 23:24, Mark Moss wrote:
>      I need to FTP some files to using Secure FTP (FTPS).

Do you really mean "Secure FTP" as in FTP over SSH (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol)? That's not
supported with Indy.

If you mean using an encrypted connection with FTP and SSL (FTPS, FTPES,
FTP-Secure or FTPS as shown herehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTPS) you
would have to use the SSLIOHandler Components together with a transfer
component like i.e. IdFTP oder IdHTTP.

>      Does anyone have an example of doing this in Indy10( Version 10.1.5 )
> using Delphi2007.
>
>      It would be greatly appreciated.

Just connect the above mentioned SSLIOHandler to the component of your
choice and put the correct DLLs http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/) into your
application directory.

With D2007's Indy version you might have to use an older version of the
DLLs (see archive on the mirror, something like 0.9.6m) but I strongly
suggest updating your Indy version in order to use a more recent and
secure version of the libraries.

- Arvid