Re: where is UNIX.mode?!

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: where is UNIX.mode?!
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\) (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011

"jvlad" <dm…@yandex.ru> wrote in message
news:3B8A5FD1B9CDE340dm…@yandex.ru...

> My server (proftpd 1.3.3) returns MLS response with the list
> of facts containing both 'perm' and 'UNIX.mode' but IdFTP
> shows only 'perm' for my files..
> I think it makes sense to display both - UNIX.mode and perm
> in this case. I checked FileZilla and it displayed 'adfrw (0644)'
> which is quite accurate and is what I need. I'd be okay with just
> 0644 too.

TIdFTPLPMList already parses "unix.mode" (just below the code you patched),
but treats it as mutually exclusive to "perm".  Some servers, like Surge
FTP, send "unix.mode" as a permission string rather than a CHMOD number.
Would you want the PermissionDisplay to display exactly what the server
sends, or what Indy translates into a common format (the current parsing
translates CHMOD numbers into permission strings).

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)