Re: EIdReplyRFCError "FTP Server ready"

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: EIdReplyRFCError "FTP Server ready"
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\) (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011

"Mauricio Gomes" <mauricio.gom…@espn.com> wrote in message
news:9BB087FA5DE5E340mauricio.gom…@espn.com...

> I am trying to connect (copied settings from WS_FTP LE client
> software which is able to connect and execute transfers) but I
> get an exception with the following message:
>
> EIdReplyRFCError "FTP Server ready"

Are you sending commands in the TIdFTP.OnConnected event?  If so, then
don't.  That is too soon, TIdFTP has not read the server's greeting yet when
that event is fired.  That is why you are seeing the greeting text in the
exception message.  You need to wait until TIdFTP.Connect() exits before you
can issue you own commands.

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)