Re: Re: IdHTTPWebBrokerBridge

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Re: IdHTTPWebBrokerBridge
Posted by:  Heiko Goes (Heiko.Go…@corporate-planning.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003

"Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" <cp…@hower.org> wrote on Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:06:45 -0500

> "Heiko Goes" <Heiko.Go…@corporate-planning.com> wrote in
> > Why is the IdHTTPWebBrokerBridge creating a WebModule for each request ?
>
> Because thats how it works in ISAPI too.
>
> > Wouldn  t it be better (faster) to Create ONE WebModule at the start of
> > the app and use it all the time ?
>
> Not unless you want a server that has serious scalability problems or has
> concurrency issues.
>
> --
> Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) -http://www.hower.org/Kudzu/
>      "Programming is an art form that fights back"

Thanks. I do understand IIS better now.

Until now I thought I have to put the initialization code into the WebModuleCreate-Event and the finalization Code into the WebModuleDestroy-Event.
Now I understand, that that can´t work, because the WebModule is created more than one time.

So I now call my init code at the start of my DLL.
Question: How/where do I have my "Done"-Code, that is is called when the IsapiTest.dll is unloaded.

Thanks for your reply, Heiko

library IsapiTest;

uses
  WebBroker,
  ISAPIThreadPool,
  ISAPIApp;

{$R *.RES}

exports
  GetExtensionVersion,
  HttpExtensionProc,
  TerminateExtension;

begin
  Init;
  Application.Initialize;
  Application.CreateForm(TWebModule1, WebModule1);
  Application.Run;
end.