Re: Proxy support in TIdHTTP?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Proxy support in TIdHTTP?
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004

"Jonny Bergdahl" <jonny.bergdahl.nospam@edicom.se> wrote in message
news:622BCA79EE90E240jonny.bergdahl.nospam@edicom.se...

> I have used a packet sniffer to see whats going on. The request is
> sent to the proxy server, which replies with the result code 407,
> authentication required. No more traffic is sent, which means that
> it does not retry. What am I doing wrong?

You are only setting the BasicAuthentication to True in the TIdHTTP if a
username is actually specified.  Try setting it regardless.

Also, did the OnProxyAuthorization event get triggered at all?

> Also; I would like to support the Digest and NTLM autentication methods,
but
> I can't seem to get it to work. Can someone please post a small example
> showing how it is supposed to work?

If you include the various IdAuthentication units into your code
(IdAuthenticationDigest, IdAuthenticationSSPI, etc), then that is handled
automatically for you.  You just need to provide the username and password
as needed, and turn off BasicAuthentication.