Re: How to create a pseudo browser?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How to create a pseudo browser?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004

"Richard C Haven" <rhaven@dontspamonme-santacruz.com> wrote in message
news:aqnq309shbla4ru544vehplpe5kts2r7…@4ax.com...

> How do I format the body so when I POST to the <form
> action... URL, the web server thinks I am a browser?

It has nothing to do with pretending to be a browser.  Simply provide a
TStrings, TStream, or TIdMultiPartFormDataStream that contains the
"name=value" pairs from the <form> data when you call Post(), specifying the
URL from "method" attribute of the <form>.

> How can I handle cookies

Simply attach a TIdCookieManager to the TIdHTTP and it will handle that

> and other security issues?

Such as?