Re: Is HTTP client thread-safe?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Is HTTP client thread-safe?
Posted by:  Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu (cp…@hower.org)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004

"Adam Clauss" <cabad…@tamu.edu> wrote in
news:77EA55353E94E240cabad…@tamu.edu:
> I have a C# app in which I want/need to do many requests based upon the
> same session.  After the initial setup of the connection, I would prefer
> to get multiple pages at once (all from various threads).  Is this safe
> to do with the same HTTP object?  If not, is there a way to 'duplicate'
> the connection and session into another HTTP object?

HTTP is threadable - not threadsafe. Making it threadsafe would signficantly
limit users options and slow it down.

You can easily get multiple pages - just create multiple components. We've
built many spiders using this component.

What "session" info are you referring to? The only session info are cookies
and using the cookie manager you can share them betweenm multiple HTTP
clients.