Re: Some issues with http (indy 10)

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Some issues with http (indy 10)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004

"Caleb" <no…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:C2EDE3934AA5E240no…@hotmail.com...

> 1) Get request, followed by a post, followed by a GET will
> result in the "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
> header being included in the GET.

You probably didn't clear the TIdHTTP.Request property between each request.
Indy won't do it for you since the values can be customized for individual
requests, thus custom values would be lost if TIdHTTP cleared them
automatically.

> Afterwards IE does a GET on some page and in the 200
> OK response of that page it sets the UserID cookie. I tried
> doing that GET right after doing the POST to the login page
> (with the content-type set to none) but the cookie isnt set and
> instead i get a 302 which redirects me back to the login page.
> For each page I send the correct referer too.. I don't
> understand why it should be doing this !

You didn't specify what values you are actually sending each time.  Are you
*exactly* matching IE value for value?  You also didn't specify whether you
have cookies enabled in the first place.