Re: Proxy

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Proxy
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005

"Malcolm Smith" <m.smi…@comvision.net.au> wrote in message
news:D056FD52FACAE240m.smi…@comvision.net.au...

> I'm sending this on behalf of someone trying to implement a
> proxy.  Is this possible using Indy's HTTP components.

Indy 10 has a TIdHTTPProxyServer component available.  Though, in my
opinion, it is not designed very well, and it missing some features (for
instance, the implementation for the HEAD command is completely empty).  I
started re-writing the component for myself a few months ago but have not
had much time lately to finish it.

No such component exists in Indy 9.  If he doesn't mind doing some research
and work himself, he can implement his own proxy from scratch using
TIdTCPServer and some manual HTTP parsing, redirecting, and replying as
appropriate for his needs.

The thing to remember about Proxies, though, is that they are a browser
configuration, so I hope he has his browser locked down so his kids can't
change the configuration to remove the proxy settings.