Re: Proper way to close an application containing TIdHTTPServer?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Proper way to close an application containing TIdHTTPServer?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005

"Andrew Fiddian-Green" <nn@dd> wrote in message
news:DE4EFAD327D2E240nn@dd...

> I suppose that in MainForm OnCloseQuery one could set the
> server active := false and then wait until all threads are done.

You could.  Though keep in mind that there are situations where the
OnCloseQuery event is not triggered to begin with.  OnClose might be better
to use.  Or you could not do anything at all, since TIdHTTP shuts everything
down anyway when it is being freed.

> But how can I know when all the threads are done?

The setter method of the Active propety does not return to your code until
all threads have been terminated.