Re: "Could not load SSL Library"

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: "Could not load SSL Library"
Posted by:  Scott Bussinger (scot…@opto-pps.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005

I've gotten that message a few times myself while debugging, but oddly
enough it didn't happen when running the application directly. Looking in
the madExcept log, I noticed that what was happening was that it was loading
a copy of the DLL's from a different location on my machine than I expected.
Instead of loading the copies from my source code directory it found some
non-Indy copies on my system path and tried to use those.

I think the problem is that the concept of "Current Directory" is a bit
confusing when debugging an application. Anyway, see if perhaps there are
other non-Indy copies of the DLL's on your path and move them out of the way
temporarily.

Be seeing you.