Re: Force to Redirect Visitors

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Force to Redirect Visitors
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006

"Mike A" <Mike_2_1976_…@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:9DFDBD0B89EFE240Mike_2_1976_…@yahoo.com...

> whenever user connect to the wireless router and when new
> IP assigned, I want to redirect the user to our website when s/he
> opens the browser first time (like may other hotels) Can I do with
> IdHttpServer? or this something not related to IdHttpServer.

That has nothing to do with TIdHTTPServer.  The router itself has to keep
track of the user sessions and route the first connection of each user to
the HTTP server.  Thus requiring the user to first log in to the HTTP server
before any other socket connection can be established with the Internet
(like other hotels do).  The HTTP server itself has no concept that any of
this is going on.  It just services the user connections like any other HTTP
requests.