Re: HTTP.Put Error?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: HTTP.Put Error?
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006

"Jesse" <nospam@fake.com> wrote in message
news:BF71A2DC120AE340nospam@fake.com...

> I'm trying to write a Delphi 5 program that will allow someone to
> upload a file to our server. When I implement the .put method, I
> get the error, "HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented".  What does this mean?

It means exactly what it says.  You are trying to do something that the
server does not support.  Must HTTP servers do not support the PUT command
for uploads.  They usually require the user to submit a
"multipart/form-data" form via the POST command instead.  You can use the
TIdMultipartFormDataStream class with the TIdHTTP.Post() method for that.