Re: Proxy authentication again

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Proxy authentication again
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006

"kappa" <kapp…@tlen.pl> wrote in message
news:A305F2D83110E340kapp…@tlen.pl...

> I spent a week trying to connect through a proxy, which needs
> authentication. But I failed.

Please be more specific.  What EXACTLY are you trying to do?  What EXACTLY
is failing for you?

> detect what kind of authentication the proxy server supports

That is reported by the server's 'Proxy-Authenticate' response header, which
is available in TIdHTTP's Response.ProxyAuthenticate property.  Indy handles
parsing the server's response for you.

> 2) use IdHttp to connect to a webserver through this proxy using
> detected authentication type.

All you have to do is include the desired IdAuthentication units into your
project, such as IdAuthenticationDigest and IdAuthenticationNTLM.  TIdHTTP
handles the rest.  It looks to see which Authentication types the proxy
reports, then checks of any of them match the IdAuthentication units that
you have added to your project.  If a match is found, TIdHTTP uses that
authentication scheme automatically.

> * Indy 9_00_17 *

That is a very old version of Indy.  You should seriously consider
upgrading.